Monday, May 12, 2014

WIP godslayer halodynes

It's miniatures Monday! Yay!...

Erm...  No it's not.

Don't get me wrong. I have the out most respect for people that are able to think of, create and maintain a successful series using whatever media. I can speak out of experience doing a weekly live show called the Chilling Wargamers with my friend Spud Tate. It is very demanding of your offline life to schedule everything around whatever you have going and it is very hard to keep thinking of new, interesting topics and idea's for your series. A good series starts with a good name. Sadly, most things you will see are things like:
  • Miniature Monday
  • Tutorial Tuesday
  • WIP Wednesday
  • Chilling Wargamers Thursday (doh!)
  • Fantasy Friday
  • Showcase Saturday
  • BatRep Sunday
Sadly I'm not that original so you won't see me thinking of some witty names. Luckily I'm not very structured so making a series with a specific topic on a set day is a no go for me.

Back to topic since I started derailing from the second line in this article. Sorry for that.

In my previous article (link) you can read how I prepare my metal miniatures. Meanwhile I finished preparing and building, basing and priming my Godslayer Halodynes. For the bases I used a plaster concrete slabs product by GaleForce9 for the rocks/tiles and Vallejo basing paste for the sand. (prod.nr 26.218)




I love using Vallejo texture paste as you can apply it really fast and easy using an old, beat up brush and get a realistic looking texture you wont get using white glue and fine sand.


For priming I used dark yellow airbrush primer from AMMO by Mig Jimenez. I believe in full disclosure so I can tell you I got it and many other AMMO products (AK interactive products at the time) for free as a promo pack. You can see me using loads of these products in future articles for sure!


Why did I use dark yellow? No real reason, I had it handy and I think it might be a better base for golds and skin color then light grey is.
The airbrush primer needs to sit and cure for 24 hours so I'm currently still thinking about what my next move should be. Should I airbrush the bronze /gold for the armor and paint the skin manually or should I airbrush the skin and paint the gold by hand?

What do you think? What would you suggest? Please leave a comment to help me decide.
As always, thank you for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment