Monday, October 17, 2016

Crazy Grip - SMC'16 loot review #1

Hi, people!

Today I present the first of my Scale Model Challenge loot reviews.
The first product I will be telling about is the Crazy Grip from CrazyWenky.

The Crazy Grip with an additional cork
Before I got this grip, I was painting models that were stuck to my pin vice, pinned to a wine cork or blue-tacked to an old paint pot. This kind of works, but for long painting sessions this was not comfortable for my hands and badly balanced.

The Crazy Grip on the standard
I tried the crazy grip the same night that I got it from Manuel, who I met at SMC. The first impression is super positive! I mounted a large orc bust on it that I had previously mounted on a pin vice. What a difference! It has a good feeling of weight and balance for me.

My orc bust on the Crazy Grip
It comes with a stand that you can use to put your project away on to let it dry, or that you can use to push the cork out of the handle. That also brings me to the next topic. The cork used for the Crazy Grip is an ordinary wine cork! So if you ever need to replace the cork, you can stock up on new corks real easy!

The cork inside the grip
The handle of the Crazy Grip is oiled Beech wood, and its sanded really well so you don't have to worry about splinters!

Push the grip down on the standard to
pop the cork from the grip
Overall I can't image painting without this tool! I might need a few extra to organize my projects neatly on my desk. The verdict is that I really like it! I think the price (€20) is fair for what you get and if you don't have a proper grip to paint your miniatures, I highly recommend this one! 

Thank you for reading. If you have any questions or remarks, please leave them in the comments or shoot me a message on my facebook page.

Until next time! And happy painting!

2 comments:

  1. Yeah thank you very much for your article mate! Glad that you like it

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah thank you very much for your article mate! Glad that you like it

    ReplyDelete