Monday, October 2, 2017

Tribal orc

Hi everybody,

In this article, I would like to show off my recently finished tribal orc. Officially, this is the first bust I painted that I consider being finished! 😜

I used a combination of acrylic paint and oil paints. It was the first time for me using oil paint like this and I must say that I really enjoyed using it and it made painting highlights on the skin a lot easier! The oil paints I used are the AMMO Oilbrushers. These have a nailpolish style bottle with a in-bottle applicator.

The bust is sculpted by Olivier Bouchet as an academic orc bust. I painted him for skin tone practice and to get out of my comfort zone. He is painted to be partially in darkness with directional highlights.

Academic orc bust with dark skin and white war paint
Light side of the orc with more warpaint
patterns on his shoulder
The blue "shadows" on the shadow side are
just to create something interesting to 
look at
If you guys would like to see work in progress pictures in a step-by-step article, also showing the techniques I used to paint him, please let me know in the comments!

See you next time and keep on painting!

No comments:

Post a Comment